Are you planning on moving? Or have you started discussing the idea? With the kids all out of the house and on their own, downsizing might be a good idea if you have not done so already. Here are some questions to consider :
1. Why are you thinking of moving ? Do you want a smaller home or a large home; but with someone taking care of outside maintenance like snow removal and lawn mowing ?
2. Do you want to move to an active adult community or to a community where there are people of all ages ?
3. Do you want to be close to your children and grandkids ? Is there any possibility that your children may be transferred to another state for their job after you move to be close to them ?
4. Do you want to relocate to warmer climate ? Will you miss your children and grand children if you move too far away ? Will your children be able to visit you quickly for emergencies ? Do you have family or friends at the new location if you are moving out of state ?
5. After this move are you planning on moving again in a few years or is this going to be your retirement home for a long time?
6. Have you thought of just make changes to your current home and aging in place ?
7. Do you know how much you will net when you sell your home ?
8. Do you know what your housing costs will be when you buy another home ? Taxes and association fees may be higher.
It is a good idea to sit down with your children and family and discuss your needs. The three important things to consider are Location, Size of new home and price based on your finances .
Looking to express yourself? The Fine Arts League of Cary is hosting its 10th annual Senior Show at the Cary Senior Center from August 28th to September 21st, 2012. This show exhibits the fine art work of local seniors aged 55 and over. Two-dimensional work only, excluding photographs. The requirement for maximum size is 18 x 24 inches. Receiving will take place on August 28th and the reception and awards ceremony will be held on August 31st. The show will be judged by Luana Luconi Winner and the show Chairman is Don Hamilton. The winner of the show will receive $300. Entry forms are available at the Cary Senior Center.
The Cary Senior Center is located at 120 Maury O’Dell Place in Cary, North Carolina.
To contact the Senior Center, please call (919) 469-4081. To contact Don Hamilton, please call (919) 535-8942.
For more information about the Fine Arts League of Cary, please click here.
tagged: cary concierge, featured, music, Seniors
Posted by The Cary Concierge in Adult Event, Cary NC, Music, Performing Arts, Seniors
Every fourth Sunday at the Glenaire Retirement Community, PineCone and the Triangle Shape-Note Singers sponsor an event called Shape Note Singing. This Sunday, July 22nd from 2 pm to 4 pm you are invited to come out and sign with them. Beginners are welcome and music will be provided for you. For more information visit their website by clicking here.
Location: 4000 Glenaire Circle
Phone: (919) 781-3596
In the first half of 2012, we featured many different classes and events being held at the Cary Senior Center. Some included basic technology courses for seniors to get caught up in the fast-paced world of computers. In case any of our viewers missed these classes, there is still hope! A Computer Club for seniors 55 and over meets at 1:30 PM on the second Saturday of each month (July 14th, this coming weekend) to discuss various aspects of using a computer, software, and general interest for members. Speakers may be outside guests or members of the club that give presentations on new topics. Topics covered include Windows, Apple/Macintosh and Linux operating systems.
The club meets at the Cary Senior Center, located at 120 Maury O’Dell Place, Cary NC. The phone number is (919) 469-4081, if more information is required.
Posted by The Cary Concierge in Cary NC, Events, Uncategorized
Studio Express at the Cary Town Center is having a special on Senior Portraits from June until September 1st. If you have not already made an appointment for your pictures, I suggest you do so soon! At Studio Express you can get six different poses for $98.99. You will get a cd of all the shots taken, 20 sheets of photos and two 10 x 13′s. Bring props, make sure you have enough outfits to change into that are a mix of casual and formal, and avoid bring printed patterns. Call the number below to make a appointment.
Location: 1105 Walnut Street, Suite 200
Phone: (919) 462-9921
Do you have anything planned for tomorrow? Well, why not bring your grand kids out to Koka Booth Amphitheatre for a day of fun, free events? The Koka Kids Clubs will be stationed lake side with numerous activities going on for children of all ages! There will be face painting, magic shows, a scavenger hunt and a video game truck. After these activities (from 3 pm to 7 pm) take time to grab a bite to eat and set up before the fireworks display at 9 pm. Please bring lawn chairs and blankets to relax on during the show.
Location: 8003 Regency Parkway
Phone: (919) 462-2052